Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, February 20, 2006

Bush Is Tone Deaf On UAE Port Deal

Why would the Bush administration let a country with known terrorist ties take over six important ports on the east coast? All I can think of is that they care more about the almighty dollar than national security. Just go down the list. It's been four years since 9/11 and our southern border is still wide open because they are more concerned about getting cheap labor to their big dollar business donors. This development with the port deal is just the latest outrage. At some point though, all the chickens are going to come home to roost. When Al Qaeda sneeks a nuke across our southern border or in a container, the responsibility will lay squarely on President Bush. He talks a good game on protection/national security, but at the end of the day, he always makes sure that the almighty dollar rules the day. That's sad.

Peter Gadiel of 9/11 Families For A Secure America says
"I'm a lifelong Republican and I think the President's gone insane".
I'll be glad to associate myself with those comments.

******************Tuesday Afternoon Update 12:45PM*************
President Bush has just issued a veto threat if Congress passes legislation stopping the deal. This is just great. The President is more worried about pleasing the business lobby than making sure our ports stay safe. I really I'm at a loss on this one. I hope if he does veto it, the Congress will saddle up and override it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home