Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Diane Harkey Precinct Walk & Barbeque

I had a chance to make over to Deerfield Park here in Irvine for Diane Harkey's precinct walk/barbeque. I finally got a chance to see the Harkey for State Senate RV or urban assault vehicle(movies buffs will remember that as the tagline for a heavily armored RV from one of my all time favorite movies "Stripes" with Bill Murray). You can't miss it as you drive up. So we arrived around noon and met up with team Harkey. It was also nice seeing my Assemblyman Chuck DeVore there with his wife Diane. After a few minutes of chitchat, we hit the road to go walk a precinct. Not many people were home today, but Diane got a good reception from most of the folks that I spoke with. I spoke with the candidate herself for a few minutes about various topics. I asked her if she was ready for the rough & tumble of Sacramento. She says she's ready. She only wants to serve for this term and the next one after that and then she wants to go back home to Dana Point to hopefully play with some grandchildren she said. I like that. A true citizen politician. She's not going up there to get entrenched in power.

We headed back to the park after walking for some burgers and refreshments. As I was sitting there eating, I was trying to think if I've heard or seen anything about Tom Harmon's campaign. I couldn't think of anything. He has no signs up, no mail yet, and most importantly no presence at all on the blogs, save for an occasional Duane Dichara comment(his consultant) on OC Blog. He has been the invisible man in this campaign so far. He certainly won't show his face up at the CRP convention in two weeks. He might actually have to speak with some Republicans if he goes up there! Lynn and I have our plane tickets and hotel reservations already for San Jose. We'll see everyone up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home