Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Someone Is Getting Old

It was thirty six years ago today that I was born to Bob And Cheri Bartlett of San Gabriel. I was born at Arcadia Memorial Hospital right across the street from the Santa Anita Racetrack. I have alot of things to be thankful for in my life. I have a great family. We moved to Irvine when I was only one year old. My how things have changed in Orange County over the years. My summers growing up were spent down at Newport Beach where my family would rent a house every year on the Newport peninsula. When I wasn't at the beach, I was probably fishing with my dad chasing the albacore out of San Diego or the marlin out off of Catalina. We would launch the boat out of Newport and motor past all those awesome homes in Newport Harbor. John Wayne, Buddy Epsen, and many other celebs had houses right on the water. The Duke's boat, the Wild Goose, was moored right in front of the Balboa Pavilion. We also did alot of hunting. My grandmother owned land out in the 909 and we would go hunt geese, quail, doves, and ducks. As I look back at the things in my life, I just have to count my blessings. I am truly lucky to be living in Southern California. The weather is so nice. As I end this post, I just want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Here's to a great year this year and may next year bring even greater things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home