Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bush, The NSA, & Freedom

The news that Bush authorized the NSA to use all means at its disposal to spy on US citizens does not surprise me. One of my favorite movies about the NSA is Enemy of the State. The movie showed in detail the capabilities that the NSA has(Hollywood style of course). They can spy on email, telephone, with video surveillance, with satellites, etc. You name it and they can spy on it. I have disabused myself of the notion that we have any privacy left in the United States. The government knows everything about everyone. These Senators and Congressmen act like they're shocked that this has been going on.

I personally am against the government being able to have so much power, but it pointless to fight this battle. Sure it's good idea to have a hearing on this, but it's not going to change anything. We just have to hope that the people at the NSA use their discretion on who to spy on. I'm all for spying don't get me wrong. I think it's vital to know what the terrorists are up to. I just hope that the law wasn't broken by authorizing all this domestic spying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home