Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My Brush With An Uninsured/Unlicensed/Illegal Alien Driver

This story begins with me and my wife driving up to the local mountains to go camping with some friends a few weeks ago. We left on a Friday afternoon so I knew that taking the 91 freeway was out of the question. So I decided to head over the Ortega Highway and take 74 all the way up to Idyllwild. As I was driving through the city of Perris, a green pickup truck swerved out of the left hand turn lane and into my rear bumper. I could immediately hear my bumper dragging behind me. I was furious! I looked over to see the guy that did it and once I made eye contact with him, I was sure he was going to gun it and leave the scene. Luckily(I think) for me, his girlfriend was in the car with him and he pulled over so we could exchange information. I get out of my car and the first thing out of the woman's mouth was "oh shit I don't have any insurance"...strike one. Next I find out the driver doesn't habla englise. The next strike came when she said that her boyfriend doesn't have a drivers license....strike two. What else your thinking to yourselves...oh there's alot more. Next she tells me that he is here illegally after my prodding....oh boy. Anyway, to make a long story short, please make sure that you and everyone you know get uninsured motorist coverage from your auto insurer. Since it was not my fault and my insurer was able to verify that the woman that hit me was not insured, they paid for my entire bill to fix my car, sans even the deductable. Not one dime came out of my pocket. Thank you GEICO. Now GEICO goes after the person that hit me. They said she'll have major problems getting her car registered again. GOOD. The moral of the story....don't drive without a license and insurance, oh and try to follow the laws of the this country when come here from a foreign land.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did she register the car in the first place without a drivers license?

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    She(vehicle owner) was the passenger. Her illegal alien boyfriend was the driver. Luckily for me, she spoke perfect english.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home