Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Soon To Be Open Congressional Seat Here in the OC

The news of the evening is that President Bush is going to nominate Rep Christopher Cox of Newport Beach to be the new S.E.C. Chairman as early as tomorrow morning. This is going to create a free for all special election here in the 48th district where I happen to live. My prediction is that as many as twenty prospective GOP candidates for this race. Whoever wins the GOP primary will be the congressman/woman from the district. I should think seriously about running. I would be perfect. I grew up in this district and know it like the back of my hand. I have a good pulse of what people care about. I already know what my #1 running platform would be....fighting illegal immigration! Congressman Cox has a great resume and did a decent job representing this district, but he was asleep at the wheel on the issue of illegal immigration. We need a true advocate in DC for this issue. I see myself in the mold of a Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. This is a great chance for this district to have a real heart to heart discussion of the issues. Does anyone want to start a draft Allan movement?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home