Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hugh Hewitt Blames Tom Tancredo For GOP Losing Last Election......

No really, I'm not joking. So I'm driving home yesterday from work and I happened to tune into Hugh Hewitt's show for a minute to listen to his so called "intelligent talk radio". It was nothing of the kind. He was interviewing Rep. Tancredo about his run for President, but he used the interview to bash the Congressman for his continued leadership on the illegal immigration issue. He even had the gall to blame GOP loses last year on the Congressman. It really was a train wreck of an interview. I felt sorry for Hugh. He was totally rude and condescending to the Congressman. The reason we lost was because of the Iraq War, profligate spending, and corruption Hugh. The sooner you get that through your head, the better off you will be. If amnesty had passed last year, the GOP loses would have been even worse. I'm happy to see Hugh getting crushed on his blog by the commenters about this interview. Here is the link to listen

4 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger The Mechanical Eye said…

    I wonder if J.D. Hayworth thinks an anti-immigration stance is the winner you assume it is.

    Your concerns on immigration are sincere, and of course illegal immigration is a problem. But, like the War on Drugs, our methods of illegalizing what we don't like is a significant part of the problem.

    Worse is the utter monotony of the anti-illegal immigrantion movement. Having visited your site on and off for awhile, and have been a long time listener local talk radio, I can tell you that simply stating everything you say in a louder and more exasperated tone does not work.

    Yeah, Allan, you're mad. We get it. See if you can get beyond the pitchfork crowd to get into it, because beyond them, your anger is downright weird.

    Worse, and this may sound insensitive and offensive to the hosts of this blog, but this is the ultimate Angry White Man issue - you sound whiny and helpless every time the issue gets into the media.

    The very way you're discussing the issue is killing your cause. Find a new way to talk about it or you'll be very unhappy by the time the RNC and DNC conventions roll by.

    DU

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Agent Orange said…

    "But, like the War on Drugs, our methods of illegalizing what we don't like is a significant part of the problem."

    That is most stupid argument I have ever seen yet, eye.

    Do I need your permission to go to your home?.... Huh?

    If so why?

    How about if I just come and without your permission use your home, bank accounts, health insurance car etc. etc. etc.

    I am sure eye that you are a nice person and if I ask you you would permit me to do just that.

    However, would you feel like an idiot if I would not have your permission?

    My country, the USA, is my house, so I would expect that you would ask me first.
    -Stan

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Mechanical Eye, if the arguments against illegal aliens seem monotonous to you and you think we should find a new way to talk about it, that’s probably because you don’t agree with the arguments. Also, we are frustrated that so many Americans seem so engrossed in there own lives that they are willing to overlook lawbreaking. They seem to ignore the fact that giving amnesty to these lawbreakers is VERY POOR public policy because it sets a terrible precedent for future actions. When you condone lawbreaking in one instance, how do you not condone it in other situations? Are you really that NAIVE? You call this an Angry White Man issue. Ask yourself whose side they would be on if we ever ended up in a war with Mexico?

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm sory you find the invasion "monotonous" ME. I don't. The politicians want activists like me to shut up so they can get back to business as usual, i.e keep the slave labor gravy train running full speed ahead.

    Find a new way to talk about it or you'll be very unhappy by the time the RNC and DNC conventions roll by

    You can say that again. I don't expect either respective nominee to seriously address this issue in the campaign. My guess is it will be Hillary vs Rudy...both are open border/amnesty lovers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home