Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Friday, March 23, 2007

Continuing with the debate...

Continuing with our debate, and in response to your opening statement, I will answer with the following:Your first line is already a spot in which disagree. I dont believe immigration is the most important policy issue facing the U.S. Education, our economy, Social Security, the war in Iraq, are but a few issues I find a little more important.In any event, the 1986 amnesty program is soo old, I have little to no knowledge as to what President Reagan promised, so I will take your word for it. However, it is perhaps for the same reason, I described in my opening statement, no one really wants to tackle the issue, as you would like. Immigrants just bring too much to the U.S. Economy. According to the State of California Website, under labor, immigrants do not provide an inbalance in the states economy. In fact the only apsect in which the U.S. experiences a net loss according to the report is in Education.It is for this reason, I believe any rational politician will not do away with immigrants, as it could cause a destabilzation in the economy. Why do you suppose California is the 5th largest economy in the world?You have also mentioned the U.S. being a savior to other countries, and you feel the U.S. should not always play that role. I happen to agree but find it a little contradictory for the U.S. to meddle in other affairs selectively. Either way, I dont believe one can consider the U.S. being the all mighty and earning a sainthood with its actions towards immigrants. Here is what I mean by that. A person willing to assist or be the savior usually does so without getting anything in return. In the case of immigration, the U.S. receives Mexico's greatest export, cheap labor. The labor allows for providing the supply of goods and services the consumers of the U.S. ask for. While doing so, immigrants provide an additional boost to the already broken down Social Security System. In return, the immigrants gets an Education(or their offspring) and gets usually a below average wage.This ultimately seems like a great deal, doesn't it?Most anti-immgrant activists choose to use the false statement regarding the consumption of welfare, and other social services, however, as I pointed out from my source there is no evidence, other than in education, where the U.S. is losing money by having immigrants here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home