Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bay Area Weekend

Lynn and I took a quick roadtrip this weekend with up to San Francisco to be with my sister Amy when she(and I) lost our hair. She of course is starting to lose her hair from her chemo treatments and I decided to lose my hair in solidarity with her. I along with a few other cousins and some of my sisters fellow Electronic Arts co-workers had our heads shaved along with my sister to raise money for the Lymphoma Society. It was a huge success. We raised over $15k through a silent auction filled with lots of cool stuff. We had a Tiger Woods signed 18th flag pin tie from the PGA Championship course in Medina,OH(Amy & Tiger are good friends through their work together on his EA Golf video game through the last few years. Tiger even sent my sister some flowers and called her the night before the Masters to see how she was doing. Not only is he the probably the greatest golfer in the world, he is a great human being as well). We had a signed Tom Brady Patriots jersey, signed Muhammad Ali pair of boxing gloves, Dave Matthews concert tickets, signed Robert Horry San Antonio Spurs jersey and many other items. Here is a before and after pic of me and my sister:

My sister Amy and me

Amy, me, and Lynn wondering why the hell I'm doing this.

"Just A little off the top please"

Going, going, gone.

It was a great weekend for a great cause. My sister has everyone in her corner cheering her on. There is no way she is not going to get cured. Please check out her new blog if you haven't done so yet:

I Choose Hope

View entire slide show of the weekend here.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    Allan -- this is the best post I've ever read here. Prayers for Amy and her recovery.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home