Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, November 20, 2006

Yes I'm Still Here

A couple of my loyal readers emailed me and asked about why there were no posts for a week. I thank you for your concern. I was very busy at work last week and I just wanted to take a break from posting. I should be back to regular posting this week.

I spent the weekend house cleaning with Lynn. With no maid and both of us busy during the last week with work and political stuff, house matinence suffered. So since we have company coming over Thursday for Thanksgiving, we figured we should get the house back to normal if possible. There's still a few things that need be taken care of, but we managed to clean most of the things that were pressing.

Locally it looks like Lynn Daucher is going to lose to Lou Correa. While it would have been nice to have an extra GOP vote in the State Senate for bargaining position, it's not a big loss philosphically for me and other conservatives.

Now the race is going to be on for filling Lou's Supervisor seat. There will be lots of jockeying for that race as well as another special election to boot. Thank god our part of OC is not involved. I've had enough special elections to last me for awhile.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving! We are feeding 26 people at my place Thursday.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Damn, that's a lot of people Dan. I've had a few of those type of Thanksgivings over the years. We're going against the grain this year. Lynn is cooking a prime rib instead of a turkey. It's kind of sacriligious to not have a turkey on Thanksgiving, but I'm not complaining about having prime rib instead, LOL.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    Well, we're from back East and all our family is there. We tend to pick up other families like ours; their here, but family is far away. There's a stray or two who drop in all the time.

    We have a 24 lb bird and I'm picking up a honey ham. We handle the big stuff and the guests bring desserts, appetizers, and family-recipie side dishes. We have a PS/3 set up for the boys...I haven't thoguht about what the girls will do yet.

    If she doesn't have one, Lynn should pick up the meat thermometer that talks to you....awesome.

    Enjoy your prime rib; it's not what's for dinner but who you're having dinner with and what you're thankful for...this is actually one of my favorite holidays -- family, friends and food. Enjoy yours!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home