Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Irvine Turnout Update

I just checked in with my polling place which was The Turtle Rock Community Center and Bonita Canyon Elementary for a turnout update. I'm pleasantly shocked at the requested absentee ballot %. I want to give thanks to all the hard working Republican volunteers in Irvine. It looks like our effort to get as many of our fellow GOP voters to vote absentee is going to pay huge dividends. These precincts have big GOP registration advantages to the tune of about 52% to 30% with the balance as DTS, libertarian, Green, etc.As of about 3:30pm, these are the numbers:

Turtle Rock Community Center.....2254 total registered voters(this is a combined precinct which accounts for the large # of registered voters)

Absentee ballots requested(permanent and non permanent)...46%

Walk up vote.......425 out of 2254 or 18.8%


Bonita Canyon Elementary........786 registered voters

Absentee ballots requested.......49%

Walk up vote......175 out of 786 or 22.2%

3 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    Guess all these Repubicans like the city the city is run. ;)

    My houe prediction was close; My Senate prediction was dead-on

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Somehow, "I told you so" just doesn't seem adequate.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    I didn't know Earl Zucht was running as a write in candidate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home