Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, November 06, 2006

My National Predictions For Tomorrow

I want to start with my national predictions for who I think will control Congress next year year. I'm taking my cue from Tradesports. Markets in general tend to be efficient, especially betting markets. A great example is how close the football handicappers get every week on the point spreads. It's scary sometimes how close they come to the outcome. Right now the chances for GOP control of the House is only at a 22 bid right now or 22% of retaining control. The Senate is a lot better at 76% chance of keeping GOP control(liberals still control the Senate though with all the RINOs supporting Dem. principles like amnesty, tax increases, etc). As far as numbers go, again I will take my cue from Tradesports. I will predict a 22 seat pickup for the Dems in the House and a five seat pickup for them in the Senate.

My hope is that our GOTV will limit the Dem gains in the House to around the 218-225 area. There has been rumblings that some current and newly elected conservative Dem House members will not vote for Nancy Pelosi as Speaker. If that happens, look for both caucuses to scamble for party switchers or deals made to solidify the Speakership. It could be very interesting.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was just there and got to shake his hand. I didn't mention the fact though that I'm voting for the Libertarian Art Olivier! I'm working to to help the down ticket races like McClintock, Strickland, Poochigian, etc. My wife Lynn's picture might be in the LA Times tomorrow they said.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home