Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, November 27, 2006

It's Hell Week In The Bartlett House

It's that time of the year again. That's right, time to get my hopes up about a UCLA upset of crosstown rival University of Spolied Children in football this Saturday. SC needs a win to secure their spot in the Fiesta Bowl against Ohio St. UCLA is just playing for bragging rights and a chance to be in one of the Toilet Bowls. As most know from the name of my blog, I'm a huge UCLA fan through thick & thin(mostly thin lately!) and Lynn is a huge SC fan. Don't ask me why this happened...that is, how she came to love SC, but she does and that's what makes this week hell week in our house. I'll spend my entire week taunting her with my UCLA smack and USC jokes. I should let up a little though because it is also our fifth wedding aniversary Friday for which we are celebrating this weekend. I'm guessing UCLA will be at least a two touchdown underdog. I might just put some cash on the line to see if my gutty little Bruins can at least cover the spread. It will be a moral victory. Nah, who am kidding. I will settle for nothing less than a victory. It's long overdue.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    So how was the Prime Rib? Happy Anniversary. My wife and I celebrated our 23rd over Labor Day

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The prime rib was awesome. If I could only have one food for the rest of my life, it would be prime rib/steak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home