Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bravo Escondido

The city of Escondido banned renting to illegal aliens yesterday in a contentious 3-2 vote. I applaud the city for coming up with a unique way of fighting the scourge of illegal immigration. It reminds me of when the US went after Al Capone for income tax evasion. I don't care how these illegals get deported or denied services. I just want the end result to be that the incentive for coming over here illegally in the first place to be less after all is said and done. The federal government has not been enforcing the laws. This has forced cities and municipalities to think outside the box and come up up with their own innovative solutions to the huge problem. I'm sure a lawsuit wil be filed the usual suspects i.e MALDEF, ACLU, etc to try and invalidate this ordinance by judical fiat. I wonder what would happen if Santa Ana or LA ever passed such an ordinance? The cities would become ghost towns!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got pictures and video from the demonstrations:

    http://www.gopunditgo.com/?p=597

    Personally, I don't think the rental ban is the best way to tackle the problem of illegal immigration, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home