Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The First Larry Agran Spam Piece Arrives In The Bartlett Mailbox

That's right, the first "Hometown Voter Guide" arrived in the mailbox today. Usually they start showing up right after Labor Day. This is the latest arrival of their first piece that I can remember. So let's go ahead and dissect it shall we. The first page has a letter from a dude named Edward Pope talking about how the late Ed Dornan founded the HVG and how it is such a great "non-partisan" grassroots voterguide. I'll give Larry credit for having a good grassroots organization, but non-partisan my ass. This current Council majority of Beth, Larry, and Sukhee has been one of the most partisan in Irvine history. The three of them have voted in lock step 99.9% of the time. Larry tells them how to vote and they do it.

The next two pages are just fluff about Beth, Sukhee and Mary Ann Gaido. Hopefully someone else can scan the mailer for all to see. Are you up to it Dan?

Interestingly, the last page at the bottom has a plug to vote Yes on Measure M. Nice. I so want my taxes raised "temporarily" for the next thirty years.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    So Allen, let me get this straight: partisanship is OK for Republicans but not for anyone else. Last time I checked, the word "Republican" is plastered all over the Team Irvine site and you are spouting your pride at the PC Republican party for supporting this ticket. Not that their platform has any *new* ideas. City races are supposed to be non-partisan. This is a race for City Council not Student Council.

    It didn't come in the mail today,but I have to guess it is a positive/high road piece. And Allen, I have three scanners and I will be happy to scan it for you.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who cares how many scanners this guy has.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home