Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Brian Bilbray Gets Lucky

I haven't been following the special election for Duke Cunningham's seat in Congress real closely. I know that Bilbray is a wrong fit for this conservative district and that he was behind in most polling that I have seen the last few weeks. Having said that, I think he just caught a tremendous break in this campaign. His opponent, Democrat Francine Busby was busy telling Latino voters yesterday that "they don't need papers to vote"! DOOOOOOOOO. It will be hard to unring that bell. I think for most undecided voters in the 50th, these comments should put Bilbray over the top. We've known for years that Democrats don't support things like mandatory ID checks at the voting booths, but they never really come out in the open and advocate that the laws be broken. I gotta hand it to Francine Busby. Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I hope the voters will vote for Bilbray in the special election and Bill Hauf for the full term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home