Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bill Hunt For Sheriff

This endorsement is really a no brainer for me. Today I am endorsing Lt. Bill Hunt for the office of Orange County Sheriff. There are a lot of reasons to vote against the current "little sheriff" of the office(that would be Mike Carona), but I still needed a reason to vote for someone else. Luckily Lt. Hunt stood up and decided to run for Sheriff to bring integrity back to the office. I really never paid much attention to local races in the past. Usually if the incumbent was running and wasn't tainted by a scandal, I would blindly vote for the person because he is the incumbent. We don't have that luxury right now in the race for Sheriff. I also want to thank Commander Ralph Martin for a spirited run. It basically came down to a choice between the two of these fine public servants for me. In the end I think it was Bill's local experience as deputy that made the difference for me. I'm not expecting any miracles to turn the department around, but I do expect the Sheriff to act with a little more discretion and decorum while in the public eye. I can't say that about the current Sheriff. Mr. Carona at times the last few years has been a walking hard on to use a blunt term, but enough about that. I don't want to talk about about mob donations, illicit affairs, guns & badges for campaign contributions, poor judgment calls, missed leadership opportunities, a term limit pledge, and sexual harassment allegations anymore. I want to focus on the future. A vote for Bill Hunt is a vote for fresh change for Sheriff.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hear you about the unions, but it's always seemed to me that the sheriff's unions have been the most benign of most unions generally speaking. I never had a chance to meet or hear Ralph Martin so that played into my decision as well. Bill is a straight shooter and will bring honest leadership back to the department.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home