Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Who Wants To Play A Guessing Game?

There is a lot of curiousity about who some of the anonymous posters are over at OC Blog. It seems everywhere I go now in political circles, everyone wants my opinion on who I think Jubal is or who some of the other anonymous posters and commenters are. I might as well put it on the record who I think some of these people are, plus it's kinda slow this week between Christmas and New Years so maybe this will spice up the blog for a few days while I'm gone.

Here's my guesses:

Jubal........I'm almost certain it's Jon Fleischman of Flashreport fame. There's a couple of reasons for this guess. The first is the similiarity of the layout between OC Blog and Flashreport. They have almost all of the same advertisers. Jubal is a big defender of Mike Carona. Jon Fleischman is one of Mike's spokesmen. Lastly, Jubal knows a lot about everything that is political in the OC. Jon is the go to guy for local politicos to talk to to take the temperature of certain events and potential candidacies. Am I wrong? Who knows, it's just my best educated guess.

Roscoe......not sure, maybe Adam Probolsky or a local political hack/consultant.

Lurk.........again I'm not sure on this one. No guess

Kahuna.......not sure, he doesn't post enough

Silence Dogood........My guess is Chuck DeVore's district director Leisa Brug or Matt Cunningham

Pistolero......not sure again, he doesn't post enough

************12/29/05 12pm UPDATE*********************

Jubal has linked to this post over at OC Blog. Props to him/her. Some of the names from the emails that I've been receiving think that the blogpen includes: John Lewis, Adam Probolsky, Jeff Flint, Steven Greenhut, Matt Cunningham and Jon Fleischman. As Jon posted in the comments below, he is denying that he is Jubal and from further evidence, I am going to take his word. Who could it be? My next best guess would be the former state senator himself John Lewis. Damn I feel like that Illinois professor who taught a class on who the students thought was "Deep Throat" after a semester of research. It will remain a mystery I guess.

**********Another UPDATE***********************

The emails just keep coming. More names that keeps popping up are Mike Schroeder, Frank Mickadeit, and Gustavo Arellano. Isn't this fun? When I get back from Mammoth next week, I'm going to take a look at all the emails again and rethink this whole thing.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Jon Fleischman said…

    Thanks for the compliment. I think that 'Jubal' has done a fine job putting up his site and making it relevant to Orange County politics. That said, I barely have enough time to maintain my own site. Besides, who has time to be an anonymous blogger when they are prolifically posting under their own name? Jubal did reach out to me for contact info for advertisers, which I supplied to him. So that may answer that question.

    Take care,

    Flash

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'll take your word on that Jon. You have a damn fine website in Flashreport if I do say so myself. It is kinda fun to get the emails that I've been getting today on people telling me their guesses of who some of the OC Blog posters are. They run the gamut of who's who in the OC political world. Damn I guess I am just adding to their mystique by posting this. It's all in fun though. Come on guys, don't be shy. Post your guesses here for everyone to see.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Chuck,

    That's a good analogy. Mine would be the guy behind the curtains from The Wizard Of Oz. I was happy though to find out the true identity of Deep Throat this past year. Maybe some day we'll know who shot JFK too. My guess is the Mafia. No way could Oswald shoot that accurate from that distance in that short of time.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow, a possible conspiracy Silence? This is exciting. As far as posting emails, I'm going to keep them private to not burn any sources. Thanks for the hint though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home