Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Greek System Thriving At UC Irvine

Everything goes in cycles, at least as far as Greek Systems go. The OC Register did a story today on how the Greek system membership there is up 84% since 1998. That's a huge increase in that short of time. I don't generally think of UCI as being a great school for fraternities and sorrorities, but with the popularity of TV shows like "The OC" and "Laguna Beach", I think more students are coming to UCI to be in the hip OC. I myself was a Pike(short for Pi Kappa Alpha) at Long Beach State back in the early 90s. Oh those were the days. Maybe I'll tell a few of my many stories next year here on Powder Blue Report of my glory days at "The Beach". Second St has never been the same since I left Long Beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home