Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

At Least One Campbell Gets Something Right

The one Campbell I'm refering to is Bill Campbell, not John Campbell. I have been reading about Bill's efforts recently to open the carpool lanes to all traffic during non rush hour times. Bill Campbell is an OC Supervisor and President of the Orange County Transportation Agency. I can go Bill one better. How about getting rid of the carpool lanes all together. I guess I can settle for half a loaf on this one if he can push it through. This is one of those issues that our representatives should really be scrutnizing closely. It gets to the heart of our quality of life here in socal. Every minute spent not commuting is one more minute that I'm able to get where I need to go not going road rage on my fellow commuters.

While I'm on the subject of Bill Campbell, we might as well talk about some of the crappy decisions that Bill has made while on the OCBOS. It seems that there is no person that the unions can't get to with their money. Sadly the unions have bought Bill's vote when the subjest of county pensions is involved. If the unions can buy influence here in Orange County like they have been able to recently, then all hope is pretty must lost for the state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home