Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Jim Gilchrist Is In

A source inside the Jim Gilchrist team has told me that Jim is in the race for the 48th congressional district and there is no turning back. Here is the link to send Jim a contribution. He will be gathering the 250 needed signatures instead of paying the $1500 filing fee this week to qualify for the race and it will be done. Let the games begin. This race is going to be a referendum on illegal immigration. It is also going to get a lot of national, state, and local coverage because of Jim jumping in. As I've said in some of my past postings, I like John Campbell, but I think he needs to stay in the office of state senator that he just got elected to last November. He doesn't excite the base like what is needed for this special election and neither does Marilyn Brewer. We really need a leader like Jim to go back to DC and bump heads back there on illegal immigration. The time for the politicians ignoring this issue has ended. I also want to address the issue of Jim saying he wants to raise taxes. That is BS and the reporter that wrote that should be ashamed. Jim is against raising taxes and in fact is for scrapping the system we currently have and replacing it with a national sales tax. That's what I'm talking about! Jim is also a decorated war veteran. He served in Vietnam and was awarded a purple heart. He is a far superior candidate in my opinion. I can't wait for this thing to get started. I hope this announcement gives Karl Rove and President Bush a wakeup call(I doubt it). Please check back here often as I am going to cover this race like a blanket.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He has my vote and I am so happy to have this man bring his best effort to this illegal immigration problem. He has stepped up to the bat and gathered a strong team to get things done. I watch with anticipation for the things that he brings upfront to curb the problems and implement corrective action. GOD BLESS YOU AND OUR COUNTRY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home