Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Marilyn Brewer & 48th CD Update

So I fire open the OC Register this morning and read a funny piece by Frank Mickadeit how Marilyn Brewer thinks the "sharks are circling her". Guilty as charged your honor. She's not the kind of Republican to represent a conservative district. If this district were more independent or democrat leaning I might have more sympathy for her, but it's not. I guess I am one of those sharks she is talking about. If I had my pick of what kind of shark I would be, I would be a great white shark. They kick ass. Anyway back to Marilyn. She says the race is going to be a "bloodbath because I'm not the kind of Republican a certain core group wants in that position". Duh. She also crowed about John McCain endorsing her. That's all the more reason to be against her. She says she is not going to stay silent and ladylike about the dirty tricks those mean male Republicans might try. She's sounding like a total drama queen. Look Marilyn, consider yourself lucky that you ever squeaked by into becoming an assembly member. She also had no opinion about the proposed road going under the Santa Ana mountains or at least didn't want to go on the record about it. Frank breaks the race down as Brewer: a vote to protect Roe v Wade, Jim Gilchrist: a populist who will hammer away at illegal immigration, and John Campbell: another Chris Cox. Again I think the best person for the job is Jim Gilchrist, but he hasn't totally made the jump into the race. If he doesn't jump then I will support John Campbell. I'll go along with Frank's assessment.


This still one of my all time favorite funny freeway signs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home