Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

And The Winner Is....John Roberts

I have to say a big thank you to President Bush for keeping his word that he would nominate a true originalist to the Supreme Court bench. John Roberts fits that bill to a tee. I am just so giddy right now. It looks like all the noise about Edith Clement was just that, noise. Judge Roberts will make a fine addition to the court. He has a great papertrail and he is personally liked by a lot of Senate democrats which by the way doesn't guarantee him their vote, but he is the kind of nominee that will be able to pull over 60 votes in the Senate in my opinion.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was sitting back, crossing my fingers and hoping for Janice Rogers Brown or Priscilla Owen. I found it somewhat hopeful that they were not repeatedly mentioned in the press (at least not the press I was reading and listening to).

    I think that before we jump up and down, hoot and holler, and announce that we've won, we do need to let everything pan out. I think Ann Coulter is over the top, and we know that the Libs will be too. But we know only a bit about Rogers. Let's listen to what shakes out in the next few weeks and hope that Conservatives aren't afraind to speak up. If we find that he's too liberal let us speak out against him. If he turns out to be the man for the job, let's make sure we support him whole-heartedly.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This is a homerun nomination from President Bush. Just look at Judge Robert's pedigree. He will not be a Souter. I love Ann Coulter, but I think she is wrong on this subject. My vote prediction is that he will receive at least 65 aye votes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home