Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back To Work After A Long Weekend

I hope everyone had a great weekend. My training for Mt Whitney is humming right along. On Saturday I hiked the Cougar Crest Trail up in Big Bear and yesterday I hiked the Holy Jim Trail in the Santa Ana Mountains. The Cougar Crest Trail is a six mile roundtrip hike with an elevation gain & loss of about 1350 feet. The Holy Jim Trail to the Main Divide Road is a ten mile roundtrip hike with an elevation gain & loss of 2200 feet. To get to HJ Trail, you need to travel up the mud bog that is Trabuco Road now after all the recent rain we received...only vehicles with 4x4 recommended right now. Big Bear was covered in a fresh layer of snow from all this recent weather we've been having. I can't remember when the local mountains got this much snow so late into the season. This weekend, I think I'm going to attempt either Mt Baldy or Mt San Jacinto.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Jaime L. said…

    Don't forget about your favorite nephews birthday party on Saturday!
    Jaime

     

Post a Comment

<< Home