Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

OC GOP Central Committee Meeting Last Night


Last night at the OC GOP Central Committee Meeeting, I had a chance to meet Barry Goldwater Jr. I had read his father's book "Conscience of a Conservative". I wanted to meet Barry Jr who was a Congressman in his own right. when I found out he was coming to OC, I wanted to make sure I had a chance to meet him. Mr Goldwater gave a great speech about his life in politics and what it was like to grow up in the Goldwater family. He also has a new book out called Pure Goldwater which is a series of diary, personal journal entries and letters of his late father all compiled in this book. I got an autographed copy and photo w/him as well. It was also cool to talk him about his endorsement of Ron Paul for President. He served with Ron in Congress back in the 70s. He made a point to say that he was now on board in endorsing John McCain. I wouldn't go that far yet, but he did make the Ron Paul activists think last night about this decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home