Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mike Carona Must Resign

I'm getting tired of all the foot dragging in the OC GOP party regarding our "on paid leave because I said so" Sheriff Mike Carona. So are some other people. I have a copy of an updated resignation resolution by Mike McGill that he is sending to resolutions chair Marcia Gilchrist. It reads as follows:
Whereas, Orange County Sheriff Carona has had his two Assistant Sheriffs and a Captain convicted of numerous crimes, demonstrating poor leadership and

Whereas, Sheriff Carona has been publicly linked to an attorney and a businessman that have both been convicted of numerous crimes, demonstrating poor judgment and

Whereas, the Sheriff’s own personal conduct, coupled with the serious federal charges against him, the removal of security clearances and the pending trial are unacceptable conditions for the Sheriff to perform his duties and serve Orange County;

Therefore, be it resolved, that the OCGOP calls upon Michael Carona to immediately resign as Sheriff of Orange County.

In addition to this, I think it's time to start turning up the heat on our GOP elected officials. I will be making some calls and sending out emails to our political servants to ascertain where they all stand on this. It will be a simple yes or no question..."Do you think Mike Carona should resign?" I will be making a list and posting it here soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Claudio said…

    I plan on introducing my own resolution in January to the Democratic Party Central Committee. Lets see if I have better luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home