Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back To Square One....errr I Mean One Square

I can't let Sheryl Crow's ridiculous statement about toilet paper usage go unanswered. This is Exhibit A why no one's word in Hollywood/the entertainment industry should be taken seriously. For those who have been incommunicado the last few days, here's how Sheryl Crow thinks we can help save the planet from ourselves. It has to do with our spendthrift toilet paper usage.
"only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required"
In fairness to her, she has come out today and said that this was a just a joke. I think she saw how much ridicule and scorn she was getting from people and now says it was a joke. Her problem was that people are so conditioned now about hearing idiot Hollywood leftists and their elitist opinions that people thought she was actually serious. The whole thing is hilarious. So to end this post, I have to get this off my chest....I used more than one square of tp today during my morning visit to "drop off the kids at the pool". Is there some place I can buy some toilet paper credits so I can feel better about myself that I'm carbon neutral on my tp usage?

4 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Agent Orange said…

    That is obviously a joke which use to circulated in old communist Czechoslovakia in 50's, where a toilet paper was virtually non existent.

    The question was: "How to clean your ass with tramway ticket?"

    The tramway ticket was about 1.5" x 3" in size made out of newspaper like paper.

    The answer was:
    1) You fold the ticked half and half so you get 1/4 size.
    2) Then you tear off the corner which forms a center of the unfolded ticket and save it.
    2) Stick the index finger through the hole.
    3) Clean your ass with your index finger.
    4) Fold the ticket around your finger and pull it off.
    5) Use the torn corner to clean under your finger nail.

    -Stan

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    Solet me get this straight, Crow delivered what was obviously a joke, and you tell folks not to trust anything that Hollywood or the Entertainment industry have to say. But scroll down to your post on VA Tech and you link to a diatribe by Ted Nugent and that's perfectly OK? Thanks for clearing that up Allan.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    When they're as hard core lefty tree hugger as they are, most people believed that Crow was serious except for people like you Dan. I'm glad you admit is was a stupid hair-brained idea.

    As far as Ted Nugent, he is a needle in the haystack in the entertainment industry. His defense of the 2nd Amendment was very eloquent and that's why I linked it.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the revelation that this was a joke came only after the humor started to be directed at Cheryl Crow. Making fun of her stinky finger, skid tracked panties and narsty arse was easier than clubbing baby seals.

    Research has shown our sense of smell is very closely tied to memory triggers. For example, for many Americans the aroma of apple pie baking triggers warm memories of Grandma. In Cheryl's case, I doubt that I will ever again see an image of her that does not trigger the sense that I am smelling human fecies. Associating oneself with the smell of sh$t can't be good marketing.

    jackbenimble

     

Post a Comment

<< Home