Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, February 05, 2007

The Rich Get Richer

No, I'm not talking about wealthy people per se, but I'm talking about my beloved UCLA Bruins snagging prized recruit Kevin Love of Lake Oswego HS in Oregon. The Bruin basketball team has thrived under the great leadership of Coach Ben Howland. Now they get to add Kevin Love next year at the "5" position. Kevin Love's Lake Oswego Lakers were actually in town over the weekend to play in the Nike Extravaganza over at my alma mater Mater Dei's new gymnasium. I got a chance to watch the reply last night on Fox Sports of Saturday's game. Love's Lakers beat Mater Dei in their own gym! Kevin had 36 points by himself alone. This guy is the next coming of Bill Walton. His skills for a big man are simply incredible. He has all the scouts salivating. I just hope he sticks around longer than one year at UCLA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home