Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Immigration Sweeps In Southland

I can't believe I just read this headline correctly. I guess ICE really does still exist and does interior sweeps for people in the country illegally. Who knew. In fact they were arresting illegals right in the heart of Santa Ana. If you're going to go fishing, you might as well go where the fish are. Here's the link to the story. I love the quote from one of the illegals...
``I came to this country to work, not harm anyone, and not expecting what happened this morning at 5 a.m.,'' said Garcia, who was taken into custody at the second house. ``It wasn't supposed to be this way.''

Well I'll be a son of a gun. This guy broke our country's immigration laws and thanks to a practically zero enforcement policy, these illegals now think they can run around the country with no consequences to their actions. If I rob a bank, I expect to be put away. That's why these sweeps are valuable. You better believe that word of these sweeps has spread like wildfire in the illegal community. Hell, maybe we'll get less traffic on the streets this week because they'll all be in hiding from "La Migra".

There must be some rocket scientists running ICE who figured out where to go to get the most bang for their buck so to speak. Bravo to ICE for a job well done, but I would like to read about this sort of thing more than once a decade. I also have to wonder if it's all just a publicity stunt to help grease those amnesty skids Bush was just speaking about tonight in his State of the Union speech. Nice sellout President Bush, thanks again. Let's do everything to not secure our own borders, but put more troops into Iraq for a raging civil war. Nice priorities. No wonder his approval rating is in a Nixonian range.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Dan Chmielewski said…

    OK Allen, there's a gun to your head; who do you vote for:

    Bush or Kerry?
    Bush or Hillary?
    Bush or Obama?
    Bush or a Ham Sandwich?

    I still don't see any employers being fined for hiring these workers.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I wouldn't vote for any of those choices right now, but I don't have to choose because Bush will not be on the ticket in 2008 although his mess that he created will. I'm going to vote for my fovorite Rep in the House Ron Paul. It looks like he's running for President.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm with you on the employer fine thing Dan, but again when ICE only decides to enforce immigration laws once in a blue moon...well you get the picture. So can I infer Dan C supports interior sweeps of illegal aliens or do you just support only enforcing the laws on employers?

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wonder how the American Indians feel about us white men giving our country back to one tribe, the Aztecs, who never lived inside the borders of the United States! I’d feel doubly injured. And what’s this B.S. we hear from illegals about “we didn’t cross the borders, the borders crossed us?” Aztlan (AZTecLANd) is a total myth, created to justify invading a territory they have no more right to than the Europeans did. The Aztecs were never found north of central Mexico, let alone in the SouthWest U.S., until the Spaniards brought some of them along when the missions were being established. You hear La Raza types saying that the whole North American continent belongs to Hispanics, and that “European” whites should all go back to Europe. Funny, last time I checked SPAIN was a part of Europe, and so Mexicans with their Spanish blood are just as much Europeans as I am, being a mixture of English, French, Scottish, and Iroquois Indian! This is all just as stupid as if the Navajos were to invent a name like Navlan to refer to some portion of Mexico, then start mass migrating there and calling for all the Mexican Spanish/Aztec halfbreeds to go back to Spain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home