Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Saturday, January 27, 2007

RIP Lt. Mark Daily


I just got back from attending the memorial service of Army Lt. Mark Daily. It was very moving. I'm gonna say there were about fifteen hundred people that attended. I went to pay my respects to a true American hero. Lt. Daily was killed in Iraq two weeks ago by an IED. Even though we never met, I found out we had a lot in common. We both grew up in Irvine & we both love the Bruins of UCLA. He received a full honors military ceremony complete with a flyover by a Black hawk helicopter blaring over his loudspeaker...
"Mission complete Lt. Daily"
He was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star and a Purple Heart. May he rest in peace.

The OC Register has a great roundup about the service up now.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Indigo Red said…

    It was indeed very moving. Having posted his MySpace post "Why I Joined", I was just a little skeptical of the true blue great heartedness of Lt Daily. After hearing his friends and family, Mark was an amazing young man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home