Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, December 28, 2006

My How Times Have Changed

I was watching some old footage last night of President Ford testifying about his pardon of Richard Nixon in front of a House Judiciary Subcommittee on C-SPAN. One of the first thing I noticed were people sitting behind the President choking down some heaters(cigarette) and another dude smoking a pipe in the committee room! It was hilarious. I guess that's where the phrase "smoke filled rooms" comes from. I wonder what the percentage of people that smoked back then is compared with todays percentage. My guess is that fewer people smoke today. It just struck me that here was a President testifying before Congress for the first time ever and almost everyone behind him was smoking. The times have changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home