Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, February 02, 2006

John Boehner Is The New Majority Leader

Great, just great. I tip my hat to John Boehner for becoming the new ML in the House of Representatives. He was last seen handing out checks from tobacco companies on the House floor as party favors/thank yous. I'm happy that Blunt didn't win, but Boehner is tainted also. I don't know what to think except this is huge missed opportunity for the GOP caucus. Special note to Phil Paule who's Darrell Issa's District Director...HA HA HA. I told you Blunt would get screwed over by the secret balloting. Do you have any more press releases telling me and others how Blunt has the votes locked up? Blunt's arrogance did him in. I hope your boss Issa can count better than Blunt if he wins. Lastly to my new rep John Campbell, it looks as though that in your run to embrace the GOP establishment corruption, you sprained your ankle. Let that be a lesson.

***************UPDATE 12:40PM**********************

Darrell Issa lost the race for Policy Chairman to Adam Putnam of Florida. I don't have the vote total. I hope he doesn't break down and cry like when he withdrew from the governor's race.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Look at his votes - Boehner is an Open Borders guy. How do you feel about that?

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't feel good at all Eldad. Boehner is a tainted candidate not only for the reasons you point out, but for his tacit and quite frankly open bribing of members on the House floor with tobacco lobby money. It's a huge missed opportunity. I'm displeased that Shadegg got only 40 votes. He was the reform choice, not Boehner.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too bad about Shaddeg.

    But great news that Putnam beat the arsonist, crooked, pro-terrorist, illegal immigration fraud Issa!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allan

    How many votes did Tom Tancredo get for leader?

    Sincerely

    Phil Paule

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    He didn't run now did he Phil. Your guy ...check that guys plural, sure laid eggs today. What happened to the vaunted Roy Blunt/Darrell Issa GOTV/arm twisting whip operation? I hope Mr. Blunt is a better conservative than vote counter. That was pathetic. If your going to call your shot, you better make sure you hit it out of the park.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    BTW Phil, I called my shot and hit it out of the park with my call/post a few days ago that bloggers are going to sink Blunt. Cha Ching!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't it pretty stupid of Darrell Issa to be supporting a lobbyist in the 50th Congressional Special Election? I would think ALL elected officials (especially members of congress) at this point would want to distance themselves from any political ties with any lobbyists. This goes for Rep. Lungren as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home