Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Weekend Of NASCAR

I finally did it. I went to NASCAR event out at California Speedway in Fontana on Saturday. It was great. It reminded me a lot of a Jimmy Buffet tailgate pre-party/concert. As I was getting ready to leave for the track, I got an email from Jeff Flint saying that he was going to be there also. I didn't get a chance to meet up with him because I guess I was too busy partying. Sorry Jeff. Next time let's coordinate a little better. Anyway, I had a blast. My good buddy Tony married his fiance Misty of I don't know how many years, but they finally tied the knot. My best friend Paul was the official Justice of the Peace(which he obtained certification for online.....yes you can do that these days I guess). I will post some pictures when I get a chance. They should be telling. One of the best moments Saturday was a super low flyby of four F-18s doing about mach 2. It was awesome. It gives you the chills it's so loud. Anyway, it was a fun time had by all. I look forward to going again some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home