Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My Night Of Calling 48th CD Voters

I have some more bad news I'm afraid for the Campbell campaign. I set aside an hour and a half tonight to dial Republican & AIP voters in the 48th district. Here are the raw numbers....

60 total dials
16 contacts with voters
44 no answers, left messages, or disconnected numbers

Out of the sixteen contacts, 10 will be supporting Jim Gilchrist, two people had already mailed in their ballot and did not say how they voted after prodding by me(probably Campbell votes) and four were non-committal. I have one interesting story from tonight's conversations. I spoke with a lady who happens to own a business on Balboa Island. She said that she had just mailed in her absentee ballot today. I asked who she voted for and she said John Campbell. I then told her that Campbell had voted to give illegal aliens tuition benefits. The cursing began. She was pissed! She deeply regretted her vote, but I told her not to worry. I told her to that for her penance, she has to tell all her friends to vote for Jim Gilchrist. She said that she is going to tell all her friends. Yahoo. Now I know that this is not a valid scientific sample, but I'd be sweating right now if I were John Campbell. It's not low hanging fruit so much as the fruit is already on the freakin ground! We just have to reach out and grab it. Be very afraid John Campbell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home