Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Saturday, April 23, 2005

NFL Draft Day

Since NFL football is still a few months away, it's always nice to get a quick fix by watching their draft this morning. Football is absolutely my favorite sport to watch on TV or to be there in person like I did when I was growing up. We had season tickets to the Rams games for about ten years. I am still a diehard fan to this day even though they happen to play in St Louis now. I get a kick out of watching all the analysts on ESPN handicap the picks like are experts. Mel Kiper Jr acts like a know it all. There haven't been any surprise picks today so far, but the day is young. The best pick of the day so far in my opinion is Detroit picking former SC' wideout Mike Williams. You remember Mike Williams, the guy that got screwed by both the NFL and the NCAA. I think he has a huge chip on his shoulder and is going to have a great career.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you see the commercial for the new version of Madden NFL from EA SPORTS that aired in the first block of commercials before the 49ers made their pick? :)

    --guess who!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home