Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Saturday, April 02, 2005

R.I.P Pope John Paul II

I was saddened today by the death of the Pope. I was born and raised a Catholic. Even though I disagree with a few of the church's teachings(birth control being the biggest), that doesn't mean that I lost respect for the Pope. In fact one could argue that this man has had the greatest impact in the world during his long tenure. Maybe even more than Ronald Reagan. The Pope and President Reagan had great synergy together. They both had the goal of ending communism and we know how successful they were in that endeavor. It is going to be very hard for someone to fill John Paul's shoes, but no one in life is irreplacable, even a Pope like John Paul. So let us go forward and celebrate his life and all of his accomplishments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home