Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

WOW.......................

Tonight there was a message sent to President George W Bush and the open border GOP establishment. Any immigration bill with "guest worker", undocumented worker, day laborer or any any other semantical form of amnesty is DOA, end of story. A band of rag tag but dedicated Jim Gilchrist volunteers beat the Orange County GOP's vaunted election day GOTV operation and what do I read on places like OC Blog and others.......pure arrogance from the establishment GOP consultants/hacks. Try being a little more humble. Your open border lapdog new Congressman just got held to a whopping 44% of the vote and it's apt to go down further when all the outstanding votes are counted. I think I'm going to take a page out of Jim Rome's playbook and gloss(that's short for glossary) John Campbell.....John "44%" Campbell. It really was an amazing night.

I was helping Jim steer through a deluge of local and national media that were at Dolce Italiano Restaurant in Lake Forest wanting to do interviews with him. I am just so proud of all our volunteers. We kicked some tail today with the walk up voters. Having said that, I wish we would have done a lot better with the absentees, but I give the county GOP and Campbell credit for that op....it's their bread & butter way of banking early votes. I just can't get over the fact that we held John Campbell to 44%.

Where do we go from here? As some of you may have read my earlier advice to Congressman elect Campbell, you shouldn't have pissed off the KFI crew of John & Ken. Now they are going to have a field day with your low vote total. They are going to pummel you day in and day out for being weak on illegal immigration. Is that really worth it? I guess it is for him. All I know is that Jim did not equivicate tonight when he was asked what is next for him. He has only just begun. He dropped a bombshell on the LA Times & Daily Pilot reporters. He said that he is going to potentially take on Diane Feinstein. I think it probably will depend on how John Campbell starts voting in DC.

That's about all I have for tonight. It still hasn't really sunk in that we held John "44%" Campbell to 44%. Nice mandate there John, NOT.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger MikeZ said…

    The turnout was very light - I estimate 92000 votes total.

    And Steve young got only a few more percent than Gilchrist, which is a good sign.

    But for the message to Washington, recent history shows that Washington doesn't pay much attention to California anyway - we're all wrapped up, sealed and delivered to the Democrats.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home