Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Live In Los Angeles....Bruuuuuuuce


It's been a hectic 24 hours for me. After a frantic day of work yesterday putting out some fires, I rallied enough to drive up to the old LA Sports Arena to see the best live concert anywhere. I'm speaking about Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. I didn't have a ticket, but that didn't concern me because on almost any night Bruce is in concert, he has ticket drops right before the show starts. Last night was no different. I scored first row Loge seats right next to the stage for face value as you can see from the picture from from my cell phone! I will never go through Ticketmaster again. They are a joke. There was also plenty of tickets trying to be sold by scalpers who were taking a bath on their investment. You could have gotten into the show last night for half price of face value(about $50). He's playing again tonight...Anyone wanna meet me up there to see a great show? As usual, it was an awesome show. The Tour is to support Bruce's new album Magic. It's one of his best pieces of work IMO. Here's the set list:
Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Candy's Room
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Town Called Heartbreak
Backstreets
Working On The Highway
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Thundercrack
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
American Land

Lastly, here's a pic of USC Coach Pete Carroll who I spotted watching the show from the side of the stage. He's the one with gray hair and black jacket. The LA Times had a story on Coach Carroll last week about how a Bruce Springsteen song "Growin Up" inspired him after his tenure was finished with the NY Jets. Anyway, he flashed a big grin and the SC two finger fight on gesture to everyone when he was spotted by us.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still think there is a liberal soul inside of you that is trying to express itself.

    First was the Jimmy Buffett concert.
    Now Bruce Springsteen. What is next,
    Neil Young and Joan Baez?

    I think those Home Owner's Associations in Irvine are warping your brain.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm in no danger of becoming a liberal anonymous(Stan).

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are in luck! Neil Young is in concert at the new Nokia Theatre
    this Friday!

    Neil Young

    Friday, November 2, 2007 8:15 pm

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't really listen to him, but thanks for the reco Stan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home