Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An Update On My Sister Amy



As most who read the blog know, my sister Amy was diagnosed back in March with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, a type of blood cancer. She has recently completed her fifth chemo treatment. There is great news. The tumor by her lung has been vaporized by the chemo and is not showing up at all on her most recent PET scan. So while the chemo has taken a toll on her body, she is almost through it. She's well on the road to recovery.

This brings me to my wife Lynn. She decided that she would take up a challenge and run in the upcoming San Francisco Marathon as a tribute to my sister this October and raise money for the Lymphoma Society through the excellent Team In Training organization. Her goal was to raise $3000, but I think we can do way better than that. She's already raised over $2k and we still have a few months to go. So this is a shout out to all my devoted readers. I'd like to raise $5k more than we already have by marathon time. I know this is possible. Thanks in advance to all who contribute. Here is the link for Lynn's Team In Training site to make a donation.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's good news.

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes it is!! I am so glad our sister beat the big bad C. She kicked it's ass!! Great job on your commitment Lynn with the marathon. Amazingly enough, Amy is going to be participating in the 1/2 marathon too! If I didn't have the 2 small kids, I would train for another too. Keep that head of your buzzed bro...it looks good!

    Your other sister-Jaime!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great news, Alan.

    By the way, who's the dorking looking guy in the picture? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home