Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Janet Nguyen's New Campaign Office

Janet Nguyen's new campaign office is open for business courtesy of Supervisors Bill Campbell and Pat Bates. Janet is calling it a "district office, help center, community customer service center or whatever, but let's be honest here. It's a move by Janet subsidized by the OC taxpayer for her political benefit. Not only that, but it's going to cost $128k per year for this office. She might as well put out a shingle calling it the "Janet Nguyen For Supervisor Re-election Office". Sure it will be used for some official business, but the real reason to have a "district office" is to be close to where she got most of her votes last time around. This is not rocket science. It's a very shrewd move on her part. I have no problem with her having a campaign office, but pay for it with your own bling Janet. Don't ask me to foot the bill. My feeling for the reason she did this is that she knows she is behind the eight ball already for re-election. She didn't have much to lose by proposing this "district office". Now that she will have this office, she should be required to report this involuntary $128k donation from us taxpayers as an in kind contribution on her campaign finance reports.

This is setting a bad precedent. Are now all the other four Sups entitled to an office of their own in their district? By Janet's logic they should be. I think this is the last straw for me. I was neutral during this past special election campaign for Supervisor,but not anymore.

I guess I can also add another demerit for my Supervisor Bill Campbell. Between him enriching the unions and voting for more stupid spending like this campaign office, it's a wonder the county has any money left.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why dont you call Bill Campbell today and let him know that you're not at all happy with his decision.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's what the blog is for. I know the county staffers read this because I can see where my hits are coming from :) I will send him an email to I guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home