Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Amnesty Is Dead For Now

The Senate has again refused to invoke cloture on the President Bush's Amnesty Bill.....GOOD! Can we now go about the business of enforcing the current laws on the books please. I want to say how proud I am of my fellow citizens for rising up against this disastrous Presidential amnesty bill. All those calls, letters, emails, and blogposts scared a majority of Senators into doing the right thing. I also want to take this rare oportunity to thank one of my own US Senators...Barbara Boxer, for voting NO on cloture. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day, but I am grateful for her vote. Twelve courageous Democrats voted against cloture and I want to thank them all. Let's get on with building the border fence that was passed last year. As for all the GOP Senators that colluded with President Bush & Ted Kennedy to try to pass this shamnesty bill i.e Kyl, McCain, Martinez, Specter, Graham, etc...I hope the voters in your home states see fit to send you all into early retirement. You are truly worthless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home