Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Real CSI Comes To My Neighborhood

Stop the presses. This kinda thing is a rare occurrence. So I'm driving to work this morning going my normal route and Irvine PD had Ridgeline drive blocked off at Turtle Rock Drive. I was curious why they had it blocked off, but I was running late to work and didn't think twice about it until I read this on the OC Register's site just now. Two bodies were found by a small brush fire at the bottom of the hill at University & Ridgeline Dr. This is scary because I walk right past this place a few times a month while out walking. It turns out that one of the positively ID'd bodies was the daughter of a woman whose house burnt down in Anaheim and who was badly beaten as well. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm going to venture a guess that this was domestic violence.

It's also ironic because Irvine was just named safest big city in California today. Go figure. With Irvine population passing the 200k population figure, these sort of crimes figure to be more common even though the crime rate will probably stay the same. It only takes a few bad apples out of the 200k people to get headlines. I'll still take Irvine any day over our gang infested city next door of Santa Ana.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Agent Orange said…

    Come on Allan,

    If someone from Anaheim dumps 2 bodies at Irvine and burns them has noting to do with the Irvine crime nor its population. They were dead probably at Anaheim so the crime is attributive there.
    -Stan

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    And why the harshness for Santa Ana when this happened in Anaheim?

    So biased! :)

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    "why the harshness for Santa Ana"

    Because the the city is a gang infested crime ridden barrio. I don't want what goes on in that city to rub off on Irvine. I guess I was just stating the obvious.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It lives in Irvine too. I know you know this already though. I did my college internship at the good ole IPD, back when I wanted to still save the world and become an environmental lawyer. There were a lot of gang members in the database back then, I can only imagine there are more now. WHite and Asian were the biggest back then. Thankfully, there is a great police department in your city that has a good handle on things and keeps the city so safe.
    My only point was that you seem extra harsh on Santa Ana. That's all.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Lynn Bartlett said…

    Amy,

    I know this is a little off topic, but I couldn't pass this up. You said "I wanted to still save the world and become an environmental lawyer." Well, it's a good thing you did not become a lawyer. You would have become painfully disillusioned when you realized that if the world is to saved - it will not be because of anything lawyers have ever done or will ever do.
    And besides, you would have killed many more trees than you could have ever saved in a futile attempt to meet your billable hours requirement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home