Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Flag Day With Rudy On Tap For Sunday

This Sunday is the OC GOP's annual Flag Day Dinner with special guest Rudy Giuliani. To be honest, I don't like Rudy's positions on a lot of issues and I don't think our conservative GOP primary electorate does either. He's got an authoritarian streak in him that should scare a lot of people. He was a great leader for the city of NY in a rough time, but I think he would be a horrible choice for President. When I heard him speak recently at the last CRP Convention up in Sacramento, he didn't say anything to temper my concerns. It was just a bunch of platitudes. Having said all this, Rudy is leading in most of the polls for the nomination right now. IMO he gets a lot of sympathy from GOP voters because most of them only know him from his time as mayor of NYC. Most don't know his positions on things like immigration, abortion, spending, and other very important issues. The more they find out, the less they will like about him. He is a good draw for this annual event though. I have to say that. I hope the county party gets as much $$$ out of this event as possible. I'm going to be social and catch up visiting with some friends I haven't seen in a while. I'll see everyone who's going at the Irvine Hyatt Sunday night

2 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allan

    It is great to see you are supporting the Party of George Bush & John McCain, you really are an open borders guy at heart. See you there Sunday.

    Phil

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Believe me Phil, I will not be giving anymore to the national GOP parties as I mentioned a few posts ago. They just don't get it on illegal immigration. I have no problem helping our local party out right now.

    There will be some retribution handed out to anyone who enables this current amnesty bill. If that means voting out some of own members, so be it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home