Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Sign Of The Times


So I read today that one of the places where I bank at, B of A, has decided to give illegal aliens credit cards. The hits just keep on coming. It's all about the almighty dollar. I guess all those "Fernando Valenzuela" IDs are working like a charm on B of A. One question though, I thought banks had to "know their customers" because of all the new anti-terror post 9/11 laws? This begs another question...how can B of A know their customer when the customer doesn't have a valid US ID? And what about social security numbers? I guess all this is getting swept under the rug so B of A can collect billions more in credit card interest from illegal aliens. On the other hand, it has become the "American Way" to go into deep credit card debt so maybe these illegals are really starting to assimilate. Nothing surprises me anymore about this issue. I am going to write a letter to B of A's CEO expressing my displeasure with this new policy. If nothing is changed, I think that B of A customers should take their business elsewhere.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As long as the program is profitable I bet the BofA stockholders could care less.

    Gotta love capitalism, eh Allan?

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger The Mechanical Eye said…

    It doesn't suprise me that many businesses and entire industries accept the presence of Mexican workers while most anti-immigration just carp about it, darkly talking about "invasion" while the rest of the country goes on.

    I noticed one recent op-ed piece in the LA Times that points out in some small towns in the central valley, such workers are a matter of economic survival.

    The perceived evils of capitalism are no more evil than the laws of physics. It is more a matter of learning to live with them that'll improve the lives of as many people as possible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home