Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Friday, February 09, 2007

Live At The CRP

I'm here sitting in the ballroom of the Hyatt Regency Sacramento. Arnold has just delivered his keynote speech. All I can say is that I and a lot of other convention goers were extremely underwhelmed by it. In fact I would say you could cut the tension in the room with a knife. Arnold was introduced to very tepid applause. Normally when a governor of your party is introduced, it is pretty raucus. I would characterize the applause as respect for the office applause and that's about it. Just like his state of the state speech, there was no mention of the number one issue on Californians minds...ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. This was a very businesslike speech. I don't think Arnold wanted to be here tonight. So that's my Arnold update. I really don't want to talk about him anymore.

I already have some interesting stories from today. One of weirdest is when I was walking through the lobby bar at about 5pm. I was wearing a Tom Bordonaro sticker and happened to walk by a crotchity old lady supporting Tom Del Baccaro. She needled me on my lapel and said something like..."Bordonaro is a mean dirty man. How can you support a guy like that?" Nice to meet you to maam. Go back to that bottle of JD you were drinking.

I had a chance to meet Supervisor elect Trung Nguyen. I wished him well in his new endeavor as an OC Supervisor. There's just that pesky business of a recount demanded by Janet Nguyen. In fairness, the margin is so close that a review of the ballots won't hurt anyone IMO. I think Trung is still in good shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home