Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, March 23, 2006

That's What I'm Talking About!!!!

I think I just lost a few years off of my life with UCLA's performance tonight. That was one of the finest victories in UCLA history and there has been a lot of them. They were getting their ass kicked all over the floor for most of the night until the last ten minutes. They were down by 11 with just a little over three minutes to go. I was changing the channel on every stupid play the Bruins made down the stretch. Luckily for me I kept it on with two minutes to play. They kept battling until the final whistle. Props to Mater Dei alum Cedric Bozeman for that key steal with thirteen seconds left. What a great game. This calls for a little rendition of Sons of Westwood:

We are the Sons of Westwood,
And we hail the Blue and Gold;
True to thee our hearts will be,
Our love will not grow old.
Bruins roam the hills of Westwood,
By the blue Pacific shore;
And when they chance to see
a man from USC,
Ev'ry Bruin starts to roar.

U! (3 claps)
C! (3 claps)
L! (3 claps)
A! (3 claps)

U-C-L-A! Fight! Fight! Fight!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not a UCLA fan but what a great game.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home