Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, November 28, 2005

48th CD Race Update

As I was driving into work this morning from Irvine to Huntington Beach on the infamous 405 freeway, I couldn't help but notice all the Gilchrist signs on the overpasses that are very visible to cars driving under them. They were on the Culver Dr, Jamboree Rd, and Harvard Ave overpasses. They look really good. Kudos to whoever put them up. As most of you know, I have basically taken the general campaign off. The last few special elections took a lot out of me and I needed a break. I have been concentrating on work. I have taken some time to respond to a few local reporters for a quote or two, but other than that I haven't been very plugged in to the Gilchrist campaign like I was in the primary. I hope Jim wins, but reality is telling me otherwise. He has had no absentee ballot chase like he needed and that was real disappointing. He may be competive again with Campbell on election day, but the race will have been decided already from the absentees. I hope I am wrong about my gut feel of the race. I would love nothing better than to see Jim go back to DC and start busting heads on immigration and other conservative issues that have been neglected since the GOP has been in control.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I received them a a few days ago. I didn't really read the fine print on them or who they were from. I kinda remember the group being America First, but I'm not sure. I looked at them for a few seconds and then threw em away like all the other political spam and junk mail that I receive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home