Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Slow Week

It has been a depressing week for me. I've been sick since last Wednesday and I'm just starting to get better finally. I really haven't been able to do much of anything except sit at home and surf the net and sleep. I did get an interesting mail piece from the Campbell campaign today slammimg Jim Gilchrist again. I'm surprised that I haven't seen more mail from the Campbell campaign. They must be feeling really good about things over there. I have to admit, it's been a weird campaign ever since the primary. People definately have election fatigue. I predict the turnout for the Dec 6th election to be around 15% with 70% of the vote coming from absentees. No one is paying attention to this election. I'm pretty much just laying low for now. I did speak with Gustavo Arellano of the OC Weekly last week about the campaign and gave him some choice quotes about my thoughts on the OC GOP party hierarchy. I'm curious to see how he quotes me from our email conversation. Lastly, tomorrow is the Irvine Republican Council's volunteer appreciation party. Even though we didn't win any of the ballot questions statewide last week, it's nice to be able to get together with like minded individuals trying to make a difference. We are going to be a force in the 2006 elections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home