Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, June 30, 2005

This Really Pisses Me Off

I just read the roll call of a vote on an amendment by Rep Bob Beauprez of Colorado to an appropriations bill two days ago that would cut off foreign aid money to countries that do not extradite cop killers(think Mexico). It passed 327 to 98. Of course the usual suspects voted no, the Sanchez sisters, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Watson, Xavier Becerra, Jane Harman, etc. I give credit where it is due to Joe Baca for voting for this. I guess he got the message. Guess which California Republicans voted against it? Bill Thomas and none other than our friend, the chairman of the Rules Comittee, a one Mr. David Dreier. I want Rep. Dreier to tell the parents and widow of Deputy David March to their face why he voted against this amendment. It's outrageous. Am I talking to myself here? Is anyone else here as pissed off about this as I am? What the hell is he thinking? Who is he representing? Obviously not the people that are seeking justice. It looks like Dreier didn't learn a damn thing from the last election.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home