Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Friday, September 03, 2004

A Good Speech

President Bush's speech last night was a great rhetorical speech. I give him credit for a great delivery too. My big problem with it was all the frickin new spending proposals! Oh my god. I know he has to appeal to swing voters, but this is ridiculous. I'm going to do all I can to make sure he is re-elected, but I'm on record that he had better get the spending under control in the second term. What is up with calling for a health center in every rural city in America. Who is going to pay for that? I guess we taxpayers as usual. He has better start speaking more of my language on this and other issues. He also didn't speak about illegal immigration. It's like he pretends the problem doesn't exist.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Really, guns kill people? I didn't know that a gun could fire all by itself. I always thought that someone had to pull some sort of trigger mechanism for it to fire. What do I know. By the way, the NRA is far and away the best lobby organization in DC. So you can forget about your gun confiscating agenda as long as they are around. Even your hero Bill Clinton acknowledged that the NRA was almost single-handedly responsible for Gore's defeat in states like Arkansas, Tennessee and West Virginia.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's your beef with Illegal Immigration? For openers, go see the movie "A Day Without Mexicans" and then get back to me.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    key word "illegal" immigration. I have a big problem with Mexico exporting 10% of its population to the US in the last twenty years. They are breaking the law by sneaking over the border. Are you in favor of anarchy anonymous?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home